“You are the first to give us real hope. Your positivity is infectious.” (Mary)
“Nothing and no one has done what you have. THANK YOU.” (Stacey)
“Jennifer was key in securing needed services from our school district.” (Lori)
When you’ve got lots of personal questions, sometimes you want personal answers. That’s why Jennifer is proud to offer short and mid-term online intervention and guidance to families, clinicians and schools, or on-site for those local to the Charlotte, NC area.
She accepts only a few cases at any time, evaluating, encouraging and enhancing support for kids living and learning on the spectrum.
Jennifer will also assist families in finding the best team of professionals to provide long-term counseling and/or therapies, and will always be accessible to her clients for periodic check-in’s or trouble-shooting. She works regularly with children aged 3-17, many of whom do not have any specific diagnosis. These are bright young people who are struggling with friends, anger, anxiety, eating disorders, organization, or academic performance — who simply need some guidance figuring out what’s making the road bumpy.
Here are just a few of the specific services we can provide:
- Motivational support and skill work
- Clear “family meetings” to explain the ways different minds think and learn
- Personalization of her award-winning parenting and teaching strategies, presented by their creator
- Specific ways to build upon strengths and passions – boosting skills and confidence
- Creation of overlooked “detours” around learning challenges; test reformatting
- Professional advisor to teachers/tutors/school counselors on the best techniques for motivating and supporting spectrum learning
- In-school observations/assessments (for local clients)
- Parent/caregiver discussions & feedback sessions
- Evaluation of home layout with suggestions for optimal design & organizational support
- Collaboration & communication with other professionals involved
- Fun, respectful and unique techniques for developing impulse control, emotional awareness and facilitating communication